Thursday, March 01, 2007

Check Out My New Phone!

I've had my old Samsung slider phone with Cingular for about 2.5 years now and while I still loved that phone a lot, I was just itching for a change. So I spent several months researching the latest phone models, looking at what local providers such as Verizon, Cingular, and T-Mobile had to offer (crap, crap, and more crap). I swear, the phone models that these places offer are so prehistoric! Any fan of K-dramas knows what kind of models and technology is readily available out there for cell phones but these guys are living 5 years in the past!So never being one to shy away from something new, I decided to take a leap of faith and went with Helio. Who? What? What the hell is Helio? Well, Helio is a relatively new cell phone service provider but I believe they share the same network as Sprint. What drew me to Helio was the Samsung Drift model. It's got tons of cool features such as Google maps which can be used as a GPS system, a Buddy Beacon, 2MP camera, Bluetooth, 128MB internal memory, mp3 player, etc.And the graphics are just way too cool. Plus, I got my phone from a Korean dealer in Samsung Plaza so my model is the Korean version. That means that I can text in Korean, websurf in Korean, and change the whole menu of the phone to Korean if I wanted to. The only problem is that if I wanted to text in Korean, the person receiving my text would also have to have a Korean text capable phone.There are a few games on there as well and the graphics are amazing. This phone is the shiznit! The monthly rate is a little higher than usual at $65 per month for 500 minutes, but that includes free weekends and evenings, plus unlimited texting and web browsing. I think that's a fairly good deal. I was also able to get a $50 discount on the phone by turning my old cell phone in. Also, international calls to Asia are cheap on this phone at only 10 cents per minute. Dynamite!

So far, the reception has been great so I am definitely pleased with my purchase. So who's gonna join me on the Helio network? We can be Buddys and I can stalk you with my Buddy Beacon! LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fancie dat one! i like see um lata like dat.

3/01/2007 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home