Monday, April 16, 2007

Finally Did My Taxes!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know. Waiting till the last minute again. But I finally did my taxes yesterday morning. This was the first year I purchased the Turbo Tax program and I must admit, it did save me a lot of time. Was it worth the $40 I spent for it? Probably, just for the time savings.

Unfortunately, when all was said and done, I was sad to find out that I was getting a much smaller refund this year than the previous year. I mean, hundreds of dollars less. I was kind of half expecting a substantial refund to help make up the cost of some of my recent expenditures but not to be. Oh well...can't be helped I guess.

Funny, I'm assuming most people who wait till the last minute to do their taxes do so because they owe the IRS money. I wonder how many are like me, who know that they're gonna get a refund yet still put it off. I wonder what kind of procrastinator that makes me? The stupid kind? LOL

Now it's off to the post office to get that baby postmarked by today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, now that’s late. ‘SOK, man, as long as you get ‘em in on time (you know you have until midnight tomorrow 04/17, though, since today, Monday 04/16, is some kinda’ holiday in D.C.) I can understand folks who gotta pay, but, folks who expect a refund? Send ‘em in already, get ya’ll refundses!

I do my own taxes just using the instructions and I end up using a bit of forms (too much interest and/or dividends means you end up using schedule A&B, etc.) in addition to the 1040. Man, gov’ment needs to ease up on the number of forms and instructions. It’s so funny you can be going along your 1040 and alla’ sudden you see “see publication ____ for details” or “attach form ____” if necessary. Heh, that’s kinda’ why I do my taxes so early. You don’t want that kind of surprise “the night of,” but, heck, you can download those forms nowadays; still, a hassle. I don’t use the various tax software offered nowadays; that's like buying the local driver's test book they sell in Longs and elsewhere. I hear you can end up missing a bit of deductions, etc., if you solely rely on such software.

4/16/2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Mai said...

المغربي
معلم تركيب نوافير بالفجيرة
تصميم ملاعب بالفجيرة
خدمات الفجيرة

3/08/2021 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home