Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Strong Guys at Pearl Kai 24 Hour!

After lifting at 24 Hour Kapiolani the last month or so, I went back to 24 Hour Pearl Kai yesterday cuz I didn't feel like driving into town. First of all, it was packed! When I went there before, it was usually pretty sparse, but yesterday was sardine city. This was at about 4:30pm by the way.

The other thing I noticed was...man, these guys are strong! Yesterday was chest and tris day for me so the first exercise I normally do is flat bench press. My timiing was perfect as someone had just finished their sets as soon as I had finished my warm up run and walked over to the weight area. So I put my towel on the bench and started looking around for a pair of 45s. There were none to be seen (the guy before me had been using 35s). I looked around at all the weight racks and all I could find were 35s and 25s, no 45s.

And then I looked around some more and then it finally hit me that all the 45s were being used! One guy was flat benching 4 plates each side, another guy was on the chest machine with 6 plates on each side! Holy cow! And no one had no less than 4 45s on their weights. No wonder I couldn't find any 45s! Man, these guys are strong! I was half looking for WW to be in the gym somewhere! So finally after like 2-3 minutes of walking around the gym looking for weights, someone finally put a pair back on the rack and I was quick to grab em.

They sure eat their Wheaties in Pearl City!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

The Tabasco Man was there?! He used to do that at the gym on base here. They even had to purchase 100+ lbs dumbbells for him.

4/10/2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger tabasco man said...

LOL.

They didn't bring in those 120 lbs dumbbells until after you arrived.

4/10/2007 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home