Monday, April 09, 2007

Heidi...You're Fired!

Anyone watching The Apprentice on NBC Sunday nights? After watching the first 2 editions of this show, I stopped watching but started again with this season (I watch more TV now that I have the DVR). It's been pretty fun!

But last night's show was awesome! I can't stand that teacher's pet Heidi. All season long, she's been taking too much credit for her team's wins and Donald was kissing her ass so much! She was so full of herself. I loved watching her choke big time during the presentation. And then I loved it more when she started stammering and contradicting herself during the boardroom. Frank totally pwned her! She kept trying to push blame for her mistakes (that awful brochure!) on Frank when he had nothing to do with it. She's so slimy. Even Don Jr. saw right through her. So Don Sr. had to fire her. You're out!

And then he doesn't skip a beat, turns to Kristine, and fires her too! Man, that was sweet. I actually liked Kristine and gave her credit for taking a risk and separating herself from Heidi's shadow to take her on head to head. But the look on her face was priceless when the Don fired her. "But I didn't even get a chance to defend myself!" was all she could say. Sorry, babe!

But the Final Four leaves me conflicted. I genuinely like Frank and James. Frank gets things done and is a strong debater in the board room. Yeah, he's a goof but so am I so I like that trait. James has won multiple tasks as PM and has a good head on his shoulders so he belongs in the Final Four too. Stefani is a little too under the radar for me. Yeah, she's a good speaker and all and hasn't really messed up to date, but she hasn't really stepped up either. This season's rule where if you win you stay on as PM has prevented her from taking a leadership position so its hard to say what she's capable of. Nicole is just downright irritating and incompetent. She's full of bad ideas (the roller skating?) and full of herself. Both Heidi (as much as I disliked her) and Kristine deserved Final Four over her.

But let's not kid ourselves. The Apprentice is not about finding the most qualified applicant. It's about good TV and dammit! I loved watching my TV last night! Go James!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sang Park said...

Show some love to my Korean (and a Seattlite at that!) brethren James!!!

Be sure to check out his company social networking site, www.zoodango.com . Don't know James at all, but I know one of his business partners at zoodango.

4/15/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home