Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dinner at Mediterraneo Restaurant

Had dinner with some friends Friday night at Mediterraneo restaurant on South King Street. It was my first time going there so I was really looking forward to it as I had heard good things about the restaurant.

We got there at about 6:15pm and just avoided the dinner rush. Right after we got seated, a line started forming outside. Advice...street parking isn't allowed until after 6:30pm and there are only 2-3 spaces in the back parking lot so parking may be an issue if you're looking for an early bite.

We were so hungry that we just dove into the bread and I forgot to take a pic before I had already scarfed down a slice. Dipped in olive oil....yummy!
Evil Bunny ordered something called "Volognese"? I tasted it and it was very good! She chose the skinny pasta of which I forget the name too...
I can't for the life of me remember what Orbs ordered but I do remember him saying that the name of the dish translated into "food prepared by a whore". No joke. Hmm....I wonder if he was pulling my leg...but nonetheless...his dish was super ono! Pieces of fish, olives, capers, and a little spiciness! So good!
I was curious of how their homemade sausage tasted so I ordered the cabonara over fettucine. I enjoyed this dish very much and nearly finished the entire thing! Creamy sauce mixed with bits of bacon and sausage...ooh! It makes my mouth water!
We also had a glass of wine each with dinner and I had a really good meal. And although there are tons of good Italian places around town, I will definitely try to go back to Mediterraneo someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob H said...

Vongole = clams
Pesce Puttanesca = Fish, with the sauce made by a whore

And if you don't know, now you
KNOW

8/06/2007 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home