Monday, September 10, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 1

It's finally here! NFL season!

Week 1 I play Soi Cowboy (WW) and it got off to a great start with Reggie Wayne posting 36 pts to Soi's Marvin Harrison with just 21. Then things looked even greater Sunday morning with Ben Roethlisberger throwing for 4 TDs and my MINNESOTA DEF/ST scoring a whopping 35 pts! Not to mention Jason Elam's 3 FGs. Yeah, my Buffalo duo of JP Losman and Lee Evans absolutely stunk it up but after the morning sessions, I was feeling pretty confident holding a 140-80 lead over Soi Cowboy.

Then...the Sunday late game. First of all, my RB2 and 2007 sleeper Brandon Jacobs leaves the game with a knee injury in the 1st half. Indications are that it's not good (turns out he'll miss 3-5 weeks). Then...Tony Romo starts going off on the NYG D! What the hell! It's like Madden out there with Romo just flinging it downfield and the NYG defenders nowhere in sight! After all is said and done, Romo finishes with 46 pts and I'm sitting on a manini 9 pt lead heading into tonight.

Soi has WRs Mark Clayton and Larry Fitzgerald and I only have WR Anquan Boldin. I'm hoping that Boldin pulls out a big Monday night performance like he did for me last year against WW and I can pull off the victory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Team Management....

9/10/2007 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home