Tuesday, June 27, 2006

First Pics with New Dica

Talk about fast delivery. I ordered my Casio Elixim camera on Tuesday from Amazon.com and I received it on Saturday with free shipping! That's fast.

My first opportunity to take photos with the dica came the next day on 6/25/06, the anniversary of the start of the Korean War. Every year, there is a memorial ceremony held at Punchbowl Cemetary to honor the veterans of this war. This was the 2nd straight year I've attended and it's a very interesting event. Veterans of the war give brief speeches of their tour during the war, various community groups presents floral wreaths, and there is also a keynote speaker. The whole ceremony takes about an hour and lunch is served afterwards.

I was there representing the Korean American Coalition - Hawaii Chapter and presented a wreath during the ceremony. KAC-Hawaii also donated $500 to the Korean War Veterans Association to help pay for the food which included kalbi, japchae (noodles), fish jun, and other items. Unfortunately I was unable to stay for the food service.

Here are a few photos I took with my new dica during the ceremony:

Wreaths to be presented during the ceremony:
KAC-Hawaii wreath:
Color Guard:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home