Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Final Fu Update

So I've been watching Final Fu for the last week and it's really growing on me. Last week's 10 contestants were kind of boring outside of EMC expert Jonathan who was cocky as hell and even busted out some drunken boxing and monkey styles in his last match! He was definitely entertaining.

But the new 10 contestants this week look better. There are 2 fights per episode and so far all of the fights have been very clean and entertaining. Of course I have more interest in the taekwondo fighters but twin sisters Nicole and Shannon are definitely cute too! And today's ep features a physical challenge straight out of the classic Jackie Chan film Drunken Master. They are hanging upside down and they have to transfer water from a bucket on the ground to a container above their feet.

Anyways, I look forward to watching this show every night. 6:30 PM on MTV2 and 11:00 PM on MTV.

You can watch clips of previous fights here: Final Fu website

3 Comments:

Blogger Sang Park said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/27/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Sang Park said...

It's all your fault! I'm sucked into watching every night, even though I honestly cannot say I like the show. My 2 boys on the otherhand LOVE the show! They love Eric (you know the guy that looks just like Bi/Rain) and roots for him to win.

7/27/2006 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got around to giving a peek at this show. It's interesting and, well, we seem to be a bit more closer to an entire Battle Royale and/or televised execution reality show you know.

Problem I got with this show is, and, I'm sorry I don't have the names readily available, but I hope you know who I'm talkin' 'bout -- WHO or what is arranging these matchups so far? Without emphasizing gender a third degree so and so vs. a 1st degree whatever? The former with the lighter weight, admittedly? Gee, I wonder who's gonna win?

I think it's a good show. Anyways . . . with the solid, steadfast disciplined demeanor I know (and love!) of the martial artists I personally know and the your real life ones I hope that if I ever get around to really watching this show, MTV doesn't go the route of emphasizing any "boo-hoo" and/or "woe is me" attitudes that are seeminlgy easily exuberated by TV contestants from similar reality shows.

7/27/2006 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home